Posts with the tag Gadget
About two years ago I wrote a gadget that would check in files across all sites in OU Campus. We have been using it since then and it has worked great! Recently, however, we started using workflow and noticed that the gadget would check back in files that are under workflow, scheduled or set to expire. Obviously, this was a bug in the code. While reviewing the code recently to fix this bug it wasn’t going to be a quick easy fix. So, instead of hacking it together, I rewrote the gadget and have released it as Version 1!
The University of Northern Colorado has recently embraced all things analytics and as part of that we had a need to add event tracking code to buttons. The best use of this is when a pdf or document needs to be tracked. Since that content can’t have the analytics code, the link to it can fire an event that can be tracked in Google Analytics.
Our web authors love icons and for the longest time they inserted them as icons that they found from google searches. Our designer would design custom icons for sites and they would be converted to svgs and placed in the page. Both of these solutions worked but were clunky. Luckily, icon fonts and icon sets have been popping up which provide end users an array of icons to use on their pages.
At the 2016 OmniUpdate Hackathon I joined a group of six people who built a gadget that unpublishes files from the web server. The idea started out as a simple sidebar gadget that when clicked would go to the production server and remove the file while keeping it on the staging server. After about two hours of coding the gadget was “completed”. At that point, if you unpublished a file and navigated a different page, the button was still disabled. This was a known bug and I reported it the next day. Yesterday I had sometime to fix this error and I believe the gadget is ready to be used.