Posts with the tag Jekyll
I had been thinking about adding a search tool to this site for a while now. In fact, I had a bitbucket issue created back in October 2018 about it! Today, I installed Algolia on the site, and am pushing the content to be indexed via Bitbucket Pipelines.
This blog has been built with Jekyll templates for about a month now, and I recently moved it over to Bitbucket and hosted with Digital Ocean. Since it moving away from GitHub for hosting, I can use custom plugins! GitHub limits the plugins they allow on their site for security reasons, which makes sense.
This blog was running WordPress for the past three years, and today I decided to convert it into Jekyll. The most significant driving factor is that WordPress is overkill for what I want to do. I need a platform where I can publish content and manipulate. Besides the WordPress platform, the template I was using had a handful of extra plugins that were required to run the blog.