Jesse Clark, Developer
OU Campus components can create powerful interfaces behind the scenes while providing a simple interface for users to interact with. One of the more exciting things is that your components can export XSLT which can be interpreted by the translator when publishing.
Every year I carve a stamp and use it for my Christmas cards. I used linoleum for this year’s design instead of speedball. It was more difficult to cut but created a smoother stamp when completed.
I appeared on the University of Northern Colorado’s podcast Bear in Mind this week for a quick chat about Crypto-Currencies, Bitcoin, and Blockchain.
This blog has been built with Jekyll templates for about a month now, and I recently moved it over to Bitbucket and hosted with Digital Ocean. Since it moving away from GitHub for hosting, I can use custom plugins! GitHub limits the plugins they allow on their site for security reasons, which makes sense.
This blog was running WordPress for the past three years, and today I decided to convert it into Jekyll. The most significant driving factor is that WordPress is overkill for what I want to do. I need a platform where I can publish content and manipulate. Besides the WordPress platform, the template I was using had a handful of extra plugins that were required to run the blog.
The new version of the University of Northern Colorado’s Map has launched! It includes many improvements over the previous version that I developed in 2008. We commissioned Map Formation to design an illustrated drawing of the campus that could be overlayed on top of Google Maps or OpenStreetMap. Using the Adobe Illustrator file they provided, I coded out the new map.
About two years ago I wrote a gadget that would check in files across all sites in OU Campus. We have been using it since then and it has worked great! Recently, however, we started using workflow and noticed that the gadget would check back in files that are under workflow, scheduled or set to expire. Obviously, this was a bug in the code. While reviewing the code recently to fix this bug it wasn’t going to be a quick easy fix. So, instead of hacking it together, I rewrote the gadget and have released it as Version 1!
- Previous Posts
- Page: 1 of 4
- More Posts